Tony asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

MY pitbull is a year old and shenot growing any suggestions?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Male dogs are usually larger then females from the same litter.

Also your pup may have been the runt of the litter.

Did you worm her regularly from 8 weeks old?

Your dog will have more or less reached her peak height at a year old and will not grow significantly taller.

If you can`t see her ribs then I doubt she is underweight for her breeding.

Did you see the parent dogs?

Pit Bull dog is a "type" and not a specific breed.

Your dog may be a small "type" of this dog.

Info:

Pit bull is the common name for a type of dog descended from bulldogs and terriers. The pit bull type is particularly ambiguous as it encompasses a range of pedigree breeds, informal types and appearances that cannot be reliably identified.

Lifespan: American Pit Bull Terrier: 8 – 15 years, American Staffordshire Terrier: 12 – 16 years

Height: American Pit Bull Terrier: 45 – 53 cm, MORE

Mass: American Pit Bull Terrier: 16 – 30 kg, Staffordshire Bull Terrier: 13 – 17 kg

If your PB is 33lbs its nearer the weight of a Staffie or Mix of. 33lbs is almost 15kg.

• Tony7 months agoReport

I didnt see the parents of her someone picked her up for me because they asked on fb if anyone was interested in getting one she's a red nose and white

• 7 months ago

Stop spamming about your bully breed mutt. There's no one size these mutts are supposed to be. If it's THIN get it to a vet.

• TK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If you think she is stunted, then have your veterinarian check out her hormonal levels.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i would ask your vet about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Of course she ISN'T growing; she has pretty much finished at a year of age Puppies are considered an adult (as to growth in HEIGHT) by 12 months. She may put on more muscle over the next 6 or 8 months and will not be fully MENTALLY or PHYSICALLY mature enough to have a litter, until age 2 years. If you WANTED a larger dog you should have BOUGHT from larger PARENTAL stock.

• Tony7 months agoReport

The size of my pit doesn't matter I was just asking questions she's a red nose I love her she's awesome

• 7 months ago

Most dogs have reached their full adult size by the time they are a year old. Some may gain a bit more muscle over the next year or two. Some don't.

If your dog is at what your vet says is a good weight right now, that's what she's going to be.

• Tony7 months agoReport

the male from the same liter is twice her size and doesn't get out to exercise

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.