I work at McDonalds in North Carolina owned by La Cart or something company. Their scheduling me not within my availability range! HELP?

When I came back to McDonalds in January

-I gave them a schedule of M 11-7, Wens 11-7, Thr 11-7 and Sat 11-7

-but got scheduled to M 11-6, Tues 11-6, Wednesday 11-6.

--I was okay with that but midway they put me to the Monday 11-6, Tuesday 10-6, Wednesday 11-6. I didn't even bothered to come at 10 exactly at Tuesday and only came at 11.

--Present Day: My schedule in the system is 11-6 on M,T,W but on the paper the General Manager re-wrote the 6 to a 7.

What can I do about this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

They are not in any way obligated by law to go with your stated availability. They schedule as THEY need you. If you cannot work that schedule, you go find a job with one you can work.

So what you can do is find a job that works for the schedule you need. I am surprised you have been showing up an hour late for shift and aren't already fired.

• 7 months ago

You must figure that you own the business, because you are telling them what hours you want. It works the other way around. They tell you when they need you and you show up - at the times they schedule you. The sooner you learn how it works, the happier you will be.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 7 months ago

Your 'availability' is a REQUEST. If you refuse to work when they tell you they need you, your RESIGNATION will be accepted. Unless you are a minor scheduled outside of hours the LAW says minors can work, you have ZERO legal right to restrict your scheduled hours.

Note: With your stated availability, consider it a GIFT they didn't TRASH your application on that basis alone.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i would just talk to your rnanager about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

You can work the schedule you're given, quit or be fired.

Those are your three options.

The employer isn't obligated to accommodate you preference. They need employees who will work the shifts they need covered. If you can't/won't, then you will be replaced with someone who will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.