My indoor strawberry plants leaves are drooping and I don’t know why?

I water it every morning with a spray bottle and keep it in the window. Should I pin up the leaves with a hair clip or something?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming you are keeping it sufficiently watered, that strawberry plant has a serious problem, to the point where I suspect it won't survive.

Too much water seems the most likely reason. That pot it's in does have a hole in the bottom, right? Too much water causes the roots to rot, and the plant to die.

Another possibility is vine weevil larvae. They're little white grubs, about 1cm long, which eat roots. Plants in pots are especially prone, and strawberries are often targeted. However, since you plant is indoors it seems unlikely that the adult vine weevil could have gotten in there to lay its eggs in the first place.

Either way, I would recommend turn it out of its pot and inspecting the roots. If there are grubs, remove them all and repot in fresh compost. If there are not, water-logging would have been the culprit. Remove all rotten roots, and repot in fresh compost. Make sure the pot has a hole in the bottom, never allow the plant to sit in water, and be careful not to overwater this time. It may survive, if it hasn't lost too many roots and you take good care of it.

You will need to remove the flowers and fruits if you want the plant to survive, though. It won't be able to support them, anyway, on what little roots it doubtless has left.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Probably watering it too much plus it needs more light.

• 7 months ago

You're probably overwatering--and why spray the leaves? it's the soil that needs the water--and it's probably not getting enough sunlight. Strawberries aren't indoor plants.

• Ashley7 months agoReport

Oh sorry should have clarified I spray the dirt until it’s wet all around every morning. I just don’t have a watering can so I do as much as I would do if I had a can.

• D J
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The leaves do not need to be wet, the water needs to get to the roots. Check with your local nursery or county extension office for help.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

how wet is the soil?

Spritzing the leaves doesn't wet the dirt.

• Ashley7 months agoReport

I sprayed the dirt until it was wet all around

• 7 months ago

This is the picture of my plant:

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.