Makayla asked in PetsReptiles · 7 months ago

How to keep glass from reflecting inside terrarium?

So I have a bearded dragon about the age of a Juvenile And I noticed that when he was in his cage he would attack the glass and run around the cage frantically. I later resize it’s because he sees his refection and it is making him very stressed and jumpy when I go to get him out. I trued many different kinds of placements with the lights and I have also moved the cage to a new location but none seem to work. I have now turned to construction paper to cover up super reflective parts of the cage to keep him from seeing himself. I feel really bad for him and was hooding someone could ind a solution to my problem.

A lot of keepers I know put contact paper on the inside of the tank. Easy to wipe down when cleaning and it removes the reflection on all but the front of the tank. Putting it on the outside will only enhance the reflection.

Very odd, usually it is the other way around. Ever see a beardie wave to himself in the glass?

'When you go to get him out' now that should be a clue.

Somehow, I think you have other stressors besides reflections.

• Makayla7 months agoReport

He never has waved to the glass all I have seen him to is try to attack it. And it is possible that he may be stressed out by other things but if he is I would have no clue as to what that would be