shea asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 6 months ago

Question about my yahoo account that the password is sent to my phone every time I want to log in.?

A long time ago I set my phone to receive a text with a new password every time to make it more secure to keep people from hacking into it. However every now and then I get a text giving me the new password, which I have not asked for. Does this mean my email is still secure?

What you're referring to is 2FA (Two Factor Authentication). That means that you login with your email address and password. However, for added security, Yahoo sends you a random code (via text) each time you login. So even if someone managed to obtain your password, that person couldn't login without the random code. As far as I'm aware, you should only receive those codes when you login. If you're receiving them even when you haven't logged in, then you might want to consider changing your password.