I was diagnosed as 'pre-diabetic' last December with my doc not even telling me, and I get almost intractably tired after large meals?

Very low energy, sometimes even a state of pain in my body. The effect is much less pronounced or even absent when I have a small, more "ketogenic" meal. This I found on my medical chart after taking a blood test last year. I don't watch what I eat, in fact I gorge on sweets, daily, in part because... show more Very low energy, sometimes even a state of pain in my body. The effect is much less pronounced or even absent when I have a small, more "ketogenic" meal.

This I found on my medical chart after taking a blood test last year.

I don't watch what I eat, in fact I gorge on sweets, daily, in part because I stay thin regardless of diet. I have thyroid issues. I'm very active, exercise each day and spend a lot of time outdoors, when either I don't get tired and sluggish (or I just work through it forcefully).

Is there a chance I'm dangerously close to becoming diabetic? I'm 35 and male if that matters.
Update: The sweet gorging is because I'm psychologically super addicted to sweets.