Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 6 months ago

Why do people follow questions on here without answering them?

It’s annoying that I get a “follow” but no ANSWERS to my question.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

because they are interested in seeing the answers other people provide

Lv 7
    6 months ago

Could be they have no answer but want to see what other people give as an answer (they may be curious about that topic too).

Could be they follow it in order to move it or see if it gets moved.

Could be they're stalking you or someone who commonly posts to questions with the same topic or in the same category.

Reasons vary. Nobody is required to answer any question, so if the followers can't provide a quality answer to the question, it's best they don't post to it.

• 6 months ago

Usually they have the same question and want to know the answer.

Seems pretty self-explanatory.

• 6 months ago

I do this myself sometimes, for the reasons other people have already given. Mainly it's when I find the question interesting but don't know the answer, so I mark it to look at again later.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

People may Follow the Question and not Answer it Because they dont know the Answer to the Question but may be Interested in Learning what the Answer is

If they dont know the Answer then the Policy is to Skip it and move onto the next Question

• 6 months ago

Either they really like the question or because they want to answer it later.

• 6 months ago

Sometimes, they want to know the answer to the question too......so they star it, hoping to look at it later, and read the other answers.

I sometimes do that on the movie board........when I want to know the name of the movie, because it sounds good from the description, but I don't know the answer.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

So they can, later on, move them to different categories and kept track of them.

• 6 months ago

In some cases, they want to know the answer also. In others, they reported the post and want to make sure it drops.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Because they've wondered the same thing, so not knowing the answer, they want to know what people answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.