If I wear shoes and stand on a dry piece of plywood, is it ok to work on my power box?

Update: I am overweight and someone told me that if I get a shock, I would smell like pulled pork. I wouldn't mind getting a shock but such comments upset me.
Update 2: As it turned out, my elderly neighbor came to my aid. He placed aluminum foil inside my shoe and had me stand on a small sheet of galvanized metal grounded to the frame of the power box. Then he pushed a probe down inside my shoe to contact the foil so we could check how many ohms. Did the same with flip-flops and... show more As it turned out, my elderly neighbor came to my aid. He placed aluminum foil inside my shoe and had me stand on a small sheet of galvanized metal grounded to the frame of the power box. Then he pushed a probe down inside my shoe to contact the foil so we could check how many ohms. Did the same with flip-flops and some old spiked golf shoes. Interestingly enough, the reading was zero on a Fluke 77 meter. We did see a reading on a vintage
Update 3: Ok I went on a diet and lost 45 lbs. Now the lights stopped flickering so all is well that ends well.