What are the difference between modern TV today and TV back in the 70s 80s, 90s and early 2000s?

What's going on everybody? Okay, so I haven't been watching TV for a while now. I stopped watching cable TV in (2016) because imo, TV is so boring nowadays. I watch all of my DVDs sets of all the old school classic TV shows from back in the day. I know there are a lot of reasons why TV is so watered down... show more What's going on everybody?

Okay, so I haven't been watching TV for a while now. I stopped watching cable TV in (2016) because imo, TV is so boring nowadays. I watch all of my DVDs sets of all the old school classic TV shows from back in the day.

I know there are a lot of reasons why TV is so watered down and boring today, but I'm not quite sure why. I just can't get into today's TV programming and content shows. They're not like the classics I grew up watching since I was a child.

So can you tell me the differences between TV today and TV back in the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s when it comes to writing, quality, content and acting?

Thanks and happy (2019).