What is the main reason most people once they hit a certain age want to be parents and end up giving up on their personal dreams?

I somewhat don't get it. Somewhat I do to an extent. But I see that many people once they hit a certain age its like they want to have kids. IS this because they see many others around the same age having kids and it makes them feel like a failure if they don't have a child they can brag about to another parent? I see dads living through their children cause the dreams they once had for themselves are long gone and not realistic anymore. Atleast they think that way.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

People grow up and priorities change, and what they want out of life also changes. Simple as that.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

so kids = the END of all you dreams ???? baloney .....................

• 7 months ago

You are trying to over simplify a complicated issue. It just can't be done, thus there is no valid answer to your question.

• helene
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

So they grow up and realize their personal dreams aren't going to materialize. Not everyone gets to be president, a billionaire, a rock star, an actress, etc.

Then they rearrange their priorities and come up with what is really important, and most of the time that's family. Sometimes it becomes more important than the original dream.

Your career isn't going to gather at your bedside when you are dying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Oh stop trying to be a dramatic troll, you stink at it.

Who says they give up on their personal dreams? One of my friends is the mother of 4 and just graduated nursing school. I have few other friends working their dream jobs and raising kids. Some have the personal dream of being parents so they are living that out too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.