What is the main reason most people once they hit a certain age want to be parents and end up giving up on their personal dreams?

I somewhat don't get it. Somewhat I do to an extent. But I see that many people once they hit a certain age its like they want to have kids. IS this because they see many others around the same age having kids and it makes them feel like a failure if they don't have a child they can brag about to another... show more I somewhat don't get it. Somewhat I do to an extent. But I see that many people once they hit a certain age its like they want to have kids. IS this because they see many others around the same age having kids and it makes them feel like a failure if they don't have a child they can brag about to another parent? I see dads living through their children cause the dreams they once had for themselves are long gone and not realistic anymore. Atleast they think that way.