Waiting a year to retake a college course?

I received a C in a pre-req class for Nursing (Anatomy and Physiology 2 ) and the program requires a C+ to continue in the program. Since this is my first failed science course I am on probation. I tried to see if there were any spots open for the summer to retake, but there's only one class and lab and they... show more I received a C in a pre-req class for Nursing (Anatomy and Physiology 2 ) and the program requires a C+ to continue in the program. Since this is my first failed science course I am on probation.

I tried to see if there were any spots open for the summer to retake, but there's only one class and lab and they are all taken. Funny because they have two classes for Anatomy and Physiology 1.

I still need to speak with my parents about it since I'm kind of scared to tell them, but I will of course.

I can't take it this fall or spring since I have other major science courses and requirements to fulfill that will make my work load way too heavy for me.

So I guess my question is would it be terrible to wait a year to retake the course in the summer?
Update: I still have notes from the class so I can review it throughout the year to try and not to forget the information