I forgot to wash fruit before severing?

So my dad wants some fruit so I gave him a pear. But I forgot to wash the pear and by the time I realized my mistake it too late my dad ate already. Now I'm worried that my dad is going to have an issue in the next few days/weeks, and when he goes to bed tonight. So is my dad safe and he going to be fine? Will... show more So my dad wants some fruit so I gave him a pear. But I forgot to wash the pear and by the time I realized my mistake it too late my dad ate already. Now I'm worried that my dad is going to have an issue in the next few days/weeks, and when he goes to bed tonight. So is my dad safe and he going to be fine? Will my dad get or salmonella because of my mistake? It was an accident I didn't mean to forget to wash the pear and now I'm panicking about the incident. Will my dad be okay? The pear came from a Chinese supermarket near where I live. Also how long does it take for E Coli symptoms to appear? I saw an article stating that it takes E Coli symptoms to appear 28 days later after exposure it that true?
4 answers 4