I love my brother but I cannot keep up with keeping in contact when he keeps going to jail?

My brother is an addict and he steals from people. He's even stolen from our family. I haven't let him step foot in my home. In fact, I don't even like to put my return address on letters I send him because I do not want him knowing where I live. And that being said, as far as letters, I am tired of... show more My brother is an addict and he steals from people. He's even stolen from our family. I haven't let him step foot in my home. In fact, I don't even like to put my return address on letters I send him because I do not want him knowing where I live. And that being said, as far as letters, I am tired of sending him letters to different addresses on a monthly basis because he cannot stay out of jail. He gets out, stays good for a month or so, then back in jail again. And of course he wants everyone to write him. But I am tired of it. I have a very busy life. I have a full time job, my partner and I are trying to find a place together, and I just do not have the time or energy to chase my brother all over the state to keep in contact with him. Am I awful for just not writing anymore? I love him but he is doing this stuff to himself. It would be different if he was military or had some kind of career where he was moving a lot. But this is monthly and it's because he can't keep clean and out of trouble. He's almost 30 now and I have been an encouraging voice for him for over a decade (he's had drug problems since high school). And nothing I ever say to him, be it tough love or encouragement, ever sticks anyway. I am ready to just be done with it. Not with him. I'll always hope and pray he heals. The rest of my family has had it too. We have all tried with no avail. Do I need to just let go and let him figure it out?
Update: There has also been times where I have written him and he has asked for stuff. He was in jail for his birthday and his letter back to a heartfelt happy birthday letter I wrote him was him wanting me to give him a little birthday money. That's kind of the straw that broke the camel's back.