Do you need the vehicle owner to be present to trade in a car?

My dad bought me a car when I was still living with my parents, but now I’m married and out of the house, It is easier for me to buy a new car than to transfer the title to me. I found a good deal on a car, but the dealership is 200 miles away, so me and my wife were planning on taking a mini road trip to trade in... show more My dad bought me a car when I was still living with my parents, but now I’m married and out of the house, It is easier for me to buy a new car than to transfer the title to me. I found a good deal on a car, but the dealership is 200 miles away, so me and my wife were planning on taking a mini road trip to trade in my current car for the new one, but does my dad have to be present to complete the trade in since the title is under his name? He told me I can do whatever I want with the car so he can help me out, I just don’t want him to go 200 miles to trade in a car for me. The car is also paid off if that matters.