Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

Dq from meps pre screen; try another branch?

So I got dq for history of cholesteatoma from the pre screen, which my recruiter says is better than actually having gone to meps and getting dq. Basically a surgery to remove excess skin on ear drum. Passed hearing test from my ear doc, with a note so we were surprised to receive the dq He says I can try again or switch branches. Does each branch have different standards? I thought they had the same and meps was the final authority? Should I try again when numbers are going up?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Every branch goes through the SAME MEPS process. Going to a different branch may help but it depends on what branch you got DQ from. Some branches are more strict than others and the least strict I'd say is the army so they may be your best chance here. I believe they offer the most waivers amongst the benches.

Pretty odd you got DQ before even going to MEPS. Must have been the AF huh

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Every recruiter in the U.S. military has your information. Trying another branch doesn't change the entrance standards.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Same medical standards, but different waive standards. You don't mention which branch DQ'd you, which makes a difference. If it was AF then you have a chance with the other branches. If it was Army then you can forget it.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

All five have the same standards. And it’s far more than ‘excess skin on ear drum’. My husband has had 3 surgeries for it. The inner bones completely dissolved.

Army is largest and has the hardest time meeting recruiting goals. They would be most likely to grant a waiver. Nothing a civilian doc says matters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Same standards and same MEPS, but each service processes their own waivers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.