How do I stop overthinking or regretting what I say in conversations?

Whenever I talk to people who aren’t my friends and I don’t often speak to I always regret or overthink the things I say and the way I came across during the conversation, because I always get caught up in the moment and feel like I come across in a way I don’t mean to, I always want to come across as a nice... show more Whenever I talk to people who aren’t my friends and I don’t often speak to I always regret or overthink the things I say and the way I came across during the conversation, because I always get caught up in the moment and feel like I come across in a way I don’t mean to, I always want to come across as a nice person but often feel like thing I have done in a conversation oppose that even if they don’t and it is really draining because I am always anxious about what I’ve said hours after I’ve spoken to them.