My laptop keeps auto formatting upon restart and sometimes sleep mode?

since february, I've had this recurring problem where my laptop keeps formatting itself whenever there's a new windows update, when I leave my laptop on sleep and when I run out of power. I have no idea what's happening but it's really annoying having to constantly log myself back into the accounts... show more since february, I've had this recurring problem where my laptop keeps formatting itself whenever there's a new windows update, when I leave my laptop on sleep and when I run out of power. I have no idea what's happening but it's really annoying having to constantly log myself back into the accounts on FB, twitter, steam and so on and also losing urgent university coursework. any solutions that I can work on from home that don't involve me having to take it to a store and having to pay someone hundreds of pounds to get my laptop back weeks later unresolved?