He has lied and ruined my reputation to save his skin? What can I do?

This guy has been talking to me everyday because he said he was unhappy with his wife. He got back in contact with me (there’s a history there) and has been the one flirting etc. Anyway his wife must have searched his phone and he rang me wanting me to tell her that it was all me and that he’s innocent! I couldn’t... show more This guy has been talking to me everyday because he said he was unhappy with his wife. He got back in contact with me (there’s a history there) and has been the one flirting etc. Anyway his wife must have searched his phone and he rang me wanting me to tell her that it was all me and that he’s innocent! I couldn’t believe he was asking me to do that and wanting to portray me as some sort of crazy ****. I’ve messaged his wife the truth but don’t know if she will ever see it as it’s a message request, he has lied to everyone about me. I’m happy to take my share of the blame and fault but not be lied about.

When he was trying to get me to lie and say it was all me to save his skin I was silent, his wife said ‘she doesn’t want to talk, that speaks volumes’. What did she mean by this? What did my silence suggest?