Expired tags in TN?

My tags expired in March and I didn’t even know until a cop mentioned it to me. I have a check engine light on so I won’t pass emissions so is there anyway I can register in the county over that doesn’t do emissions checks?

7 Answers

  • May
    Lv 5
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    No because the need for an inspection is based on where you live.

  • 7 months ago

    Moving counties won't help you, not even moving states. Pay to get the car to pass emissions. That is the only way you can register your car. Not registering it is illegal so move on this.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • 7 months ago

    You must register your car in the county in which you live and have an address. You can't fool the authorities.

  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    Do it ,Sparky.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

    Go for it, I'm sure you're the first person that's ever thought of this. You'll catch the state by surprise!

  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    Sure Skippy, nobody will catch on, in fact fraud is encouraged.

  • Ron
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

    Sure. You can move to that county

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.