Is their much homosexuality in martial arts?

I have trained many years with my best friend Ryan in the martial arts class where we do judo and jujitsu. All of us students are like a family. We train hard and are very competitive here. Anyway I never suspected it but my sensei and I confronted Ryan and outed him as gay. We both went to the changing room and... show more I have trained many years with my best friend Ryan in the martial arts class where we do judo and jujitsu.
All of us students are like a family. We train hard and are very competitive here. Anyway I never suspected it but my sensei and I confronted Ryan and outed him as gay.
We both went to the changing room and our instructor is a huge man 6'6 130 kg giant of a man stood in the doorway asked Ryan (alone) straight up "Ry are you gay?" several times.

Ryan then broke down and admitted he his gay. I can't believe it he in his 20's and the straightest guy I know. We've been drinking sprees, Lap dancing clubs when we went laos, motor sports !

Since then he hasn't answered my messages or picks the phone up as I want to tell him it's cool. At the moment only sensei and me know.
It will be awkward training with him next time we meet. Shall we tell everyone?
What's the best way to deal with it?