Missed a bunch of classes due to mental health issues. Offered to make up assignments. Professor wants to fail me?

Missed classes due to depression, anxiety, and bipolar episodes. I have documentation stating that I was not well during my absences. Offered to make up missed assignments earlier in the semester but professor said no. However he let a fellow student of mine make up assignments because she was leaving town for a... show more Missed classes due to depression, anxiety, and bipolar episodes. I have documentation stating that I was not well during my absences. Offered to make up missed assignments earlier in the semester but professor said no. However he let a fellow student of mine make up assignments because she was leaving town for a convention. Now my professor tells me because I missed assignments that I’m going to fail his class, even if I do well on the final. He tried to discourage me from taking it, saying he didn’t think it’d make a difference at this point, just take it to see what’s on it and that’s it.

What’s bothering me is the fact that I asked on two occasions to make up missed assignments early on and was told no. It’s not like I waited until last minute to ask him, but he lets someone else make up assignments. He tells me only if I would’ve notified him during my absence, but I wasn’t in the right state of mind to do so. Should I speak to someone at my college about this? I have a history of seeing on-campus therapists about my mental health, plus I emailed the Vice President of the school about my mental health a couple of weeks ago relating to a different matter. My concern is more so about the feeling that my professor is not being fair about things. I can provide documentation and was turned down about make up of missed assignments to improve my grade. When he offered 11 page extra credit, I did that and had no problems completing other work if given a chance.
Update: To Anonymous, I asked my professor previously if I can make up assignments and he flat out said no. I did make the effort. I asked very early on if I can do any assignments to help my grade since I missed previous ones. I was denied. I didn't notify my professor of my mental health problems because I was in a... show more To Anonymous, I asked my professor previously if I can make up assignments and he flat out said no. I did make the effort. I asked very early on if I can do any assignments to help my grade since I missed previous ones. I was denied. I didn't notify my professor of my mental health problems because I was in a bad mental state during.
Update 2: The syllabus states that you aren't allowed to do assignments if you miss class. I asked to do other assignments in place of missed ones because another student was allowed to do so to save her grade, I wasn't allowed nor offered any other options. I find it strange that my professor told me that I could... show more The syllabus states that you aren't allowed to do assignments if you miss class. I asked to do other assignments in place of missed ones because another student was allowed to do so to save her grade, I wasn't allowed nor offered any other options. I find it strange that my professor told me that I could have made up work had I notified him of my problems, but I was not allowed WEEKS BEFORE this to make up assignments when I asked, yet other people were allowed to. That is playing preferences.
Update 3: To Amaretta, I didn't miss class on purpose nor was I trying to "skip" assignments. If I were, I would've never bothered asking more than once if I can make up the ones I missed. My illness is life long, started in childhood.