August
August asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 months ago

If British Steel goes bust?

will this be the rise of carbon fibre to make cars and other modes of transport

Favorite Answer

I think I'm right in saying the plant made low quality steel for things like shopping trollies.

Unless someone is bringing back the Austin Allegro, there would be no car that could be built with such scrap.

• August

you mean to say that we import shopping trolleys ?

• Ludwig

Carbon fibre is more carcinogenic than Asbestos. In a generation's time, its use will be seen as having been a cynical pay off to industrial vampires.

We will still have Swedish and German steel, so don't worry.

• Salty dog

mention have very strong Trade Unions but, are world leaders in the manufacture of high grade tool steels.Seems like the Unions and the Employers have found a model that really works to the advantage of bother parties.

• August

if the British lads all lose their jobs well i hope we do take the lead and make cars with an alternative to steel

No. It will mean more cheap imports from China

• August

I partially agree but if we are still in the EU,surely they can do something about it

I worked as an overhead crane driver at the Scunthorpe plant for 30 years. Of course I am very concerned for my pension. We rolled the plates for the Royal Navies two new aircraft carriers.

• Lv 6

i hope it all goes well for u