I'm editing a long document in Word.?

It's a screenplay and I'm making corrections in red to make it easier for the author to see my suggested corrections. In Word 2003 this is tedious in the extreme as I can't set a default font color without changing the color of the entire document. All I want to do is set red as the temporary font until I revert to the original black. Instead I have to go up to the corner and select red for every single letter or word I want to change before relocating the cursor to another part of the text. This is very tedious.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

This wouldn't fit in the comment section to Fred's answer.

[Fred's answer is] by far the most appropriate way to handle the OP's predicament.

Unfortunately He will have to redo the changes he already applied after enabling it;since undoing them first would be required for them to be tracked.

Hopefully he has the original unedited version can duplicate it enable tracking then perform the changes while viewing both documents side by side.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

On the Review tab, Tracking group, enable Track Changes.

• 8 months ago

If some of the corrections are the same, Type that in the find and replace box and it'll all be highlighted, and just click font colour red. That should speed it up at least a bit, on common spelling mistakes

• 8 months ago

The idea is if it's not worth the effort it is probably a poor screenplay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • In the font color panel, there is standard color. You can assemble your required font. Then continue with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.