Cody asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

Was she pregnant when they got married?

My older sister got married rather suddenly. He proposed on New Years Eve/Day. They were married on March 16.

At the time, I kind of thought that she might be pregnant then because they only dated for a relatively short time (about a year and a half) and the engagement caught my entire off plan.

A few days ago, she tells us that she IS pregnant now, and the due date is December 31. Nine months previous to this is March 31.

The ONLY reason I'm asking is this guy is super religious. He says things like "My heart is an idol factory." And he goes this church that says that God decided already before you were born if you'd be saved or not and there's noting you can do about it.

So the ONLY reason I want to know is because I want to know if this guy is a hypocrite or not.

Again they were married on March 16 and the due date is December 31. Can you figure out the date of conception. If you go by the nine month's rule, the date of conception is March 31. But if you go by the ten month rule, the date of conception is between April 29-March 1.

Once again, I DON'T CARE if they were having sex or not, but if the Jesus Freak husband of hers actually broke a major rule of his religion that would make him kind of human.

• Mary
    Favorite Answer

If her due date is December 31 then she conceived in early April, we’ll after her wedding.

• GB

If your brother-in-law has 'sinned' then at least he has 'done the right thing' by marrying her. Or maybe she got pregnant on her honeymoon. It does happen. Do you have the guts to ask your sister about the details rather than speculating with strangers?

And what's wrong with a short engagement? Maybe it was short because they wanted to have sex, but felt strongly about waiting until they were married.

The only people on this planet that NEED you is... wait for it.... wait some more,

YOU!

They may have a couple of issues but, YOU ARE NOT THE CURE!

• sdc_99

The due date is 40 weeks from the date of the last menstrual period. Which is actually about 2 weeks before conception. If the due date i s12/31, the date of the last period was 3/26. Conception actually took place around the first full week of April.

• Edna

A "due date" is only a "best guess" estimate by the doctor. Babies often arrive up to a week earlier than the due date, or up to a week after the due date, and neither is a cause for any raised eyebrows.

Your sister got married on March 16. She could have gotten pregnant on March 16 or a couple of weeks afterward, and be pregnant with a baby that is thought to be "due" on December 31.

If she had been pregnant when she got married on March 16. she would probably have already been about 2 months pregnant before she learned she was pregnant. Her baby would already have been born, probably some time in October.

• Edna

GB: It was reasonable that you took early tests, given your line of work. But I still maintain that most married women don't take a pregnancy test as soon as they miss a period. They know there' are many reasons (other than pregnancy) why a period might be late or she might skip a period entirely.

Bounced on my dad‘s dick while reading this, gotta say it is my belief that your sister is practicing devil worship and that baby is the antichrist, have a blessed day

• John P

It sounds as if she got pregnant just a few days or weeks after they got married. Never assume that Mother Nature runs to an exact timetable.

And does anybody even care??

Yes your older sister had a pussy pop before the marriage and had been played many many times before.

It's better and more accurate to go by weeks rather than months. The average length of pregnancy is 39 to 40 weeks these days. If it's 39 weeks, then conception was on Apr 2nd. If it's 40 weeks, then conception was Mar 26th. Both dates are after Mar 16th, so no it doesn't look like she was pregnant at the time of the wedding. But the pious dude didn't wait too long after the wedding to get her pregnant either.

Now as for your sister's choice of going with a religious guy like this as her husband, that's another matter.

• LizB

The length of a normal pregnancy has not changed. Read the article you linked. It says that an increase in preterm births has changed the "typical" length of pregnancy, in this context meaning "average," but that does NOT mean the medically accepted "normal" length of pregnancy has changed.

• MissA

Maybe try not to be a malignant jerk about your sister’s marriage.