Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 7 months ago

Why does everyone want to 'start a business' all of sudden?

As if its a "trend". (It isnt a trend)They hear of someone doing so, they then decide to do the same thing.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

get rich quick thinking. it happened in the late 80's with the advent of the internet and Silicon Valley startups and IPOs. everybody thought they could get rich quick just by making a website. LOL! they didn't realize you still have to sell something people want to buy.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Always happens in a good economy, people think "nows my chance, everyone has money to spend and if I fail it won't be that hard to find a job"

During a bad economy the only ones who think of started a new business are those that lost their job

• 7 months ago

It always happens...we're just seeing it a little more because all of your friends are sharing on social media.

• Casey Y
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Also, you might just be at the age when people start businesses.

• 7 months ago

People have always started new businesses, you're just hearing more about it now due to social media.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Get rich quick, many young people can't be taught (they already know everything) so they can't take instruction. And poor social skills. So they imagine they can do it all alone. And how difficult could it be, anyway?

• 7 months ago

There are lots of benefits to working for yourself

• 7 months ago

Great economy always makes people want to take the risk & be their own boss.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

They don't like having a boss tell them what to do, and this seems like the fastest way to become the boss.

They have no idea how much work it takes to run a business.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I think people have always wanted to have their own business. Shows like Shark Tank probably help fuel it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.