When will it be safe to scratch, dry with a towel after shower, use sunscreen, scratching and etc on my new tattoo?

I recently got my first tattoo about a month ago so scabs are gone so I want to start drying up as usual and putting on sunscreen to show it off but not sure when is it considered safe as usually towel can be rough against skin. My tattoo artist gave a instructions to care for it but is only up to peeling process... show more I recently got my first tattoo about a month ago so scabs are gone so I want to start drying up as usual and putting on sunscreen to show it off but not sure when is it considered safe as usually towel can be rough against skin.
My tattoo artist gave a instructions to care for it but is only up to peeling process and tells me to apply sunscreen 30 minutes before exposing to the sun but not when.