Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Why do Christians worship an idiot god?

Worship Me or I'll Torture You FOREVER.

-- Your Loving God

• Favorite Answer

Tradition. Luck of the draw. There are so many other gods that would have made a better monotheistic creator god. Even Ba'al. They really messed up choosing a god with so much immoral baggage on him.

• 7 months agoReport

My blog: http://darwinkilledgod.blogspot.com

Your idea is incorrect - there is no eternal torture. Unless you consider death to be torture.

You need to learn what Christians actually believe, and then ask why.

You misunderstand. God wants our love, not our worship. We worship Him because of His compassion, who He is and what He has done ... not from compulsion or obedience.

You clearly don't know our God

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

He died for us to restore the eternal life that Adam lost for us.

Col 1:19 For God in all his fullness

was pleased to live in Christ,

Col 1:20 and through him God reconciled

everything to himself.

He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth

by means of Christ's blood on the cross.

Really I don't think a lot of people really think about it. It isn't worship me, it is more like obey me and for fundamentalists admit your a sinner and that Jesus sent his only begotten Son to die on the cross as a blood sacrifice so your sins will be forgiven. Mankind is still primitive in a lot of their beliefs about life and about God and what is Divine; We are appalled when we hear about sacrifices of maidens, children and animals to gain favor of the Gods in remote places in Africa, yet still people believe in blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins by God. So God sent his Only Son to die on the cross to appease the anger of His Father for creating us imperfect in the first place. And the so called free will, if it is not used His way we are condemned to hell. What kind of free will is that? People, you just need to listen to your heart that tells you God loves us all and needs nothing from us so has no cause for vengeance. God will bring us all home. We don't throw our errant children into a burning furnace even for a moment, which makes us better than this God. And it is belief in This kind of God that has created atheists. We are so busy listening to others tell us about God, preachers, Bible thumpers and people who claim to have some special knowledge, we are so busy telling God our truth that we can't be silent and listen to His/Hers. If you would like to know what God has to say today concerning the Bible and many issues try listening to the Conversations with God series by Neale Donald Walsh.

• Kathy Miller

Henry: thank you for your comment. Neale asks God that, what if I'm just making this stuff up? God answers: What if you are? It still makes a lot of sense. He says are you the real God? God answers I am as close as you will get. Apparently there is a hierarchy of Gods times infinity..

No thank you. My Father loves me and I love him. You might be into the torture thing, but it's not for me.

You clearly don't know God.

• Norman

He's the only god there is.

It's not like that. God loves us. The wages of sin is death. We're all sinners.

If you don't want to go to hell, believe in the Lord Jesus, (because he's the ONLY way), what he did for us and do God's will.

• Just to tick off atheists