If you just fold a piece of paper , tape it and stick something in side and add a stamp will USPS still mail it?

I hardly ever mail something. Maybe once every 2 years and I don't want to buy a box of envelopes. Can I just fold a piece of paper tape the sides and stick a stamp on it. Mail a letter this way?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Are you trying to cause trouble? Why would you do this?

• Login to reply the answers
  • drip
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Google how to make an envelope. Ole y of YouTubes and instructions out there.

I make envelopes for cards I make. I use two way tape so there is no tape on the outside of the envelope

A box of envelopes are cheap. Buy a box. I have had the same box in my desk for two years, you will use them eventually.

• 9 months ago

Yes.

• 9 months ago

It will likely be torn apart in the automatic sorting equipment. If you're willing to risk losing what's inside, take your chances.

Dollar General sells a box of 80 envelopes sized 3/5/8" x 6 1/2" for a buck. Any dollar store probably has some.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No

• Dale-E
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They don't like tape because, it tends to gum up their machines. I would try to make it the same size as a standard envelope and use roll on paper glue on inside edges.

• 9 months ago

I don't know what current shipping regs are--in the distant past you could stick a big enough stamp on a brick and there was a decent chance it would get delivered. I'm guessing they would require it boxed nowadays, and I can't say I really blame them all that much if that's the case. But I can think of an easy way to find out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.