Serious lower back pain! Any advice?

Since I started working again (includes standing long periods, some moderate lifting) my lower back has been in serious pain every single day. My only relief comes after at least a full day and a half of doing nothing(recovery period). The pain is localised to a small area in the center of my back,very low, right... show more Since I started working again (includes standing long periods, some moderate lifting) my lower back has been in serious pain every single day. My only relief comes after at least a full day and a half of doing nothing(recovery period). The pain is localised to a small area in the center of my back,very low, right at the waist line. It most often feels like an intense tightening, like just one good crack will release the pressure built up. After so long it feels like my back is going to snap in two and I try stretching for temporary relief, few minutes at most before it comes back. It is affecting almost everything I do and certainly work. It hurts to just sit most times, unless I am in a perfect position. It hurts to cough, pull my knees up to my chest, twist around (one way hurts much more than the other), lifting heavy objects is very painful. I even wake up from the pain when I m sleeping sometimes, if I get twisted up while sleeping. I just want some relief. Any advice, or should I just go see a doctor? Any advice for some relief is also much appreciated!
4 answers 4