Is soy bad for you?

I've heard it is. Is it true?

I really love soy, I don't eat meat so I enjoy cooking with tofu a lot. And I love eating soy beans!

Soy isn't the best thing to eat, no. I never eat it and if a food has soy on the label, i avoid it.

It increases estrogen in men

• patty

most beans are good for u

If you don't have a soy allergy there is no reason to worry.

• Daisy

Soy is a bean. It's not "bad" for you or good for you. It's food.

However, the Adventist Health Study has shown that women who eat at least two servings of soy a day are less likely to ever give birth to a living child. Harvard says men who eat two servings of soy a day have lower sperm counts than men who eat less soy.

This grew man boobs when he consumed a lot of soy:

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a19539170/soy...

Some soy isn't likely to hurt you, just don't build your diet on it.

The answer is, the majority of the time, soy is bad for you, but sometimes it can be good for you. It depends on the form you’re buying it in, and I’m going to go over the benefits and the side effects of consuming the right and the wrong type of soy.

1. Soy probably can decrease your risk of certain cancers, among other chronic diseases.

2. Soy might improve fertility and help with hot flashes.

3. You should pay attention to your soy intake if you have thyroid issues.

4. Eating soy in place of meat will probably protect your heart.

• Yes there are a lot of myths circulating about soy, from people who have never eaten it more than once, if that.

"Is soy bad for you?"

In general no soy is not bad for you, unless you are sensitive/allergic to it. As far as any controversy goes, the only one is a singular and anecdotal case in a male, where it was claimed to have caused gynecomastia. The only issue I was able to find, from reading a research article from the Linus Pauling Institute of Oregon, which was backed by other nutritional research facilities, was that in older Japanese males who ate more than two servings of soy per week, was an contributor to an early onset of dementia. However until further evidence is found, soy in general is not bad for you. As stated in another response you have people who claim that this or that food item is bad for you. If we listened to all of the naysayers, and all of the self acclaimed experts, we'd not be able to eat anything. Also the internet is filled with many disproven claims about how this or that is bad for us.

The internet has allowed a fertile ground for myths, old wives tales, pseudo science, conspiracy theories and other sundry types of scams, to take firm root, and be propagated as fact. In my younger days, something I was told, and with the advent of the internet, holds even more true. That's believe half of what you read, and even less of what you hear.

• Dimo

ANYTHING is bad, if you get too much.

Eating soy will increase the estrogen in your body. That can be either good or bad. There's controversy over the subject.

I generally figure there's no problem unless a warning comes from my physician or the FDA. Keep on enjoying.

• Wendigo

First the warning would have to go through the USDA, for the FDA to step in.

no it is opposite it is way more healthier then science tells you

• Wendigo

Science has NEVER made a claim in general that soy is unhealthy.