Car accident not at fault car total loss will lien holder let me keep the settlement offer for repairs?

Hello so 3 weeks ago I was in a car accident and I was not at fault but the airbags deployed and because of that the car wont start. But since the 2 airbags deployed it's a total loss. I JUST got the car 4 weeks ago and I want to keep the car and just repair it with the settlement offer. I have personal friends... show more Hello so 3 weeks ago I was in a car accident and I was not at fault but the airbags deployed and because of that the car wont start. But since the 2 airbags deployed it's a total loss. I JUST got the car 4 weeks ago and I want to keep the car and just repair it with the settlement offer. I have personal friends who will repair the airbags for a few hundred bucks so it's no big deal to me, I know if you to to a name brand shop they will charge thousands of dollars but I can buy a brand new replacement airbag for $50 and have my friend replace it. Do you think the lien holder or the dealer will allow me to do this? Because its really only the 2 airbags that needs replacing.