Car comfort question?

Alright, this might be considered a crazy question, but I used to drive a lancer with coilovers, and that car recently died (Mitsubishi makes junk). So now i'm driving a Subaru outback for the time being. In my opinion, the lancer with coils was comfortable, sure it was extremely firm, as were the seats, but I never had a problem with comfort. Now this outback is killing me, it rides just so soft, I cant stand it. Every time you go over a bump, you can feel the shock move a lot and the seats are so soft its really bothering me. Would anyone consider this normal or am I just used to the hyper stiff ride?

Update:

2015 with 40k on it so probably not worn out yet, could be getting close but most make it to at least 60k

Update 2:

If they're complaining the car is stiff, they've got problems, the ride is softer than a memory foam mattress

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Mitsubishi makes junk?

FALSE. Owners who abuse their vehicles and don't maintain them properly turn them into junk. Whether that was you or the previous owner isn't the fault if Mitsubishi.

Don't like the Subaru's ride? Either replace the shocks and get a 'performance suspension' upgrade or get another vehicle.

• 7 months ago

I drove an S-10 for years and then looked at a Grand Am. One of the 1st things I noticed was that the seats appeared as duplicates to those in my old S-10. I thought that GM bought a couple million of those seats and put them in anything and everything. When I went for a test drive in the S-10, I could not get around the block quick enough. The seats that I had ridden in comfortably in the S-10 for about 125,000 miles were the most uncomfortable I had ever sat on.

I think you had better let your own behind be the judge of your own comfort.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I've driven Subarus for 20 years now, and they're fine for me. I've read car reviews where they complain that the ride is too stiff, though. It may simply come down to your personal comfort level and what you're used to.

• arther
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

how old is it maybe the shocks are worn out?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.