What is the name of the rubber grommet around the key slot/lock cylinder on the trunk of a Mustang?

This grommet is rotted out on my trunk and I am having the hardest time finding a replacement. Does anyone know what the official name of the grommet is or even better the part number? I don’t know which years have it but the 99-04s do.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Reading other posts it seems that the part is all one piece and that the part is no longer available through Ford. Don't worry, there are other ways to get the part. You could go around to local parts stores and see if any of them supplies an aftermarket lock cylinder assembly for your car. You might get lucky and find that one does If nobody does though...

Find a junkyard donor car with the entire lock cylinder piece/grommet intact. Remove the entire part from the junk car, swap in your existing lock cylinder to the junkyard part that has the good grommet (so that your existing key still works in the lock - you can usually just swap out lock cylinders on Ford parts like the one you need) and that's that. Or, acquire a key from the junkyard car (if available) and install the junkyard sourced lock cylinder directly to replace yours and use the key from the junk car as a 2nd key to open the trunk lock if you can't or don't want to swap in your existing lock cylinder into the one you got from the junkyard car. Good luck.

• 7 months ago

It's not a separate part. It's part of XR3Z6343262BA Lock Cylinder assembly. This assembly is listed as NLA- no longer available. You can use a flat-raced O-ring of the correct diameter, but you'll probably have to buy a kit with multiple sizes. Or you can use black RTV sealant

https://www.eastgatefordpartscanada.ca/auto-parts/...

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Bob?

• Erik
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

try the dealership

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Ford dealer parts department can tell you, and it isn't something the hardware store will have

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.