Sagery
Lv 4
Sagery asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 7 months ago

Does anyone seriously doubt that the global climate is shifting? If so, why?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Because if it's shifting and humans are at fault then I will have to do something about my actions and I'm a lazy slob who doesn't want to change my ways or pay for problems I cause.

• 7 months ago

Earth's climate has shifted all through the ages. The real question is was it all bad for the Earth? Take for example, South Dakota. It once had a glacier over the Eastern half. Now that part of this country is very productive in agriculture. Same for the whole states of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois. Chicago used to be under a mile of ice. So if someone is trying to scare anybody about Climate Change ask them what kind of climate change, and be specific.

Now when you ask about Catastrophic Anthropogenic Climate Change, that is a different issue. It is total crap. It is a political movement and has no scientific credibility. Even the proponents acknowledge this.

Quote by Christine Stewart, former Canadian Environment Minister: “No matter if the science is all phony, there are collateral environmental benefits.... climate change [provides] the greatest chance to bring about justice and equality in the world.”

Quote by Timothy Wirth, U.S./UN functionary, former elected Democrat Senator: “We’ve got to ride the global-warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.”

So even though the strongest proponents don't trust the science behind their scam, then why should I?

• Cowboy
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      trust science!!!
      LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      what a liar
      LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• 7 months ago

Yes global climate is getting worse day by day.

there have been too many war's in our planet which have resulted to lots of damage on the planet , there was a time just 30 to 40 years back there were earthquakes once or twice a years or may be 5 to 10 times but today they happen quite frequently on a weekly basses. it all because of the War's which have take place in Asia, and it has effected the entire planet,

World population has increased and so have the industry which eventually has made a big impact on our planet, we are loosing our natural habitat on a very fast pace, and its a very very serious issue . Leaders around the world today not only have to work on having Peace on the planet but have to start serious work on saving the planet as the most who will be effected will be Humans

• 7 months ago

if your not part of the equation of earning money from it , why the hell care

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cowboy
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Yep -All of the republicans in congress and most of the trump voters are all too stupid to understand what's happening. Years of republican party lies have left their minds in ruin - now they can't think for themselves, but they still vote. They're bad for democracy!!!

• 7 months agoReport

In all fairness, democracy is not great. It's 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner.

• sam
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

yes, deniers. ignorance

• Dirac7 months agoReport

Don't forget careless. I don't know how anybody could not have concern or great angst about this problem. We have people who truly care about the problem. I have even gotten teary eyed seeing their angst over the dire situation.

• 7 months ago

The climate is driven by the natural cyclic variations of the Sun. The Sun is entering into an inactive cycle, which is going to cool the planet, by how much I don't know. Being a cross country skier, I have noticed the ski season has expanded well into April, where a few years ago the beginning of March was the end of the season.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

magnetic poll shift and solar activity as well galaxy cycles we are still not aware of them as they move

ice ages have come and gone over and over long before man was here

• Dirac7 months agoReport

No. We have to trust the science. I am a scientist, so i know how it works. Anything less that science is not an answer. If you are listening to non-scientists, then that is not an answer. I suggest you crack open a physics textbook and read it. Read the science. Understand the science.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Climate SHIFT?

Climates always change or as you put it, shift.

Alarmists try to suggest that it wasn't shifting until humans came along and started emitting CO2

That of course is just a bunch of bull shift.

The climate shifted in the last hundred years in a roughly the same amount as the previous hundred year shift. If humans were to blame for the shifting, you'd think it would be more obvious. It sure doesn't seem like humans are responsible for any harmful shifting. In fact the shift has added nice weather, greening of the planet and record crops but you'd never hear that from the eco-fascists that try to blame everything on our CO2 except of course for any shifting into something good.

• 7 months ago

Capitalism has its own version of morality. Suppose you had a choice:

1. Make a billion dollars, live the rest of your life with a 300 foot yacht and a private jet, with the understanding that the earth will become unfit for life 30 years after you die

2. DON'T make a billion dollars, live a very comfortable life but below billionaire status, and your great-grandchildren will thank you.

In capitalism, the second choice is -immoral-! Profits are GOD! Even cheating and stealing is downright HEROIC if you don't face consequences!

We even elected guy president because he PLAYED a brilliant rich entrepreneur on TV! People don't care that it was all a sham.

So if global warming means we have to slow down on those oil profits, it's best to just insist it's not true.

• Sagebrush
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Sounds like Al Gore. Doesn't it. Sounds a lot like the late Maurice Strong. Doesn't it? How about George Soros? Yup, same thing,

If you are so enamored with communism, to to Venzeualia! Ha! Ha! Ha! You fool.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.