Native speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I have to translate a text about history but my English is not very fluent as I am not a native speaker. Could anyone tell me if I need to make this paragraph more natural-sounding? When pursuing the policy aimed at instilling a new historical consciousness (to justify occupation), books that posed a threat to... show more I have to translate a text about history but my English is not very fluent as I am not a native speaker. Could anyone tell me if I need to make this paragraph more natural-sounding?

When pursuing the policy aimed at instilling a new historical consciousness (to justify occupation), books that posed a threat to the state-enforced policy were removed from libraries; school curricula was changed; and all monuments and memorials related to the country's independence were destroyed.