Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 7 months ago

is it true that devil went down to Georgia looking for soul to steal?

Favorite Answer

I freaking LOVE that song! I'm not American, but it gives me some seriously Southern vibes. In a good, very fun way... :D

Although I was thinking, it would also have been fun if it was about Yahweh going to Georgia, looking to steal some poor fiddler's soul! And him holding out against the opposition, kicking Yahweh's @ss, and getting to keep his soul to do with as he please. Now with a lifelong immunity shot against Christianity. ;)

..It wouldn't be very Southern anymore in that case, though. They're usually all about God, guns and glory over there, as far as I've heard. ;)

Hell yes, but the song got one little detail wrong. The devil is not a he. And she doesn't look like that.

All the bible stories, and especially all the 1980's heavy metal album covers, lied to us. That's totally not what the devil looks like, in fact it's not even close.

The only quote to tell the truth, and I totally can't remember who wrote it, goes like this: The devil is a beautiful woman in a red dress. Because that quote is totally 100% true.

Well okay, it's mostly kind of 100% true. She is actually just beautiful enough, and the red dress comes off really easily. And as everyone knows, the word "yes" plus a dress that comes off easily adds an automatic six bonus points to the classic 1-to-10 scale of beauty.

i would hope not

• yesmar

He was in a bind, he was way behind, he was willin’ to make a deal

Who is Georgia dear?.

NO he can go lots of places but he cannot steal souls...He can only tempt them...BE ON GUARD AND CHOOSE JESUS.

• glcang

Quit yelling and also quit giving yourself a thumbs up...pathetic

• Pete

I'll bet you a fiddle made of gold that it never happened.

And everywhere else .

• there are traps everywhere now, dear.