What to do about terrible self-esteem?

Hello, I am a 17 year old girl and I have always struggled with self-esteem. It mostly stems from my looks, however other things are involved too. As much as I am sure this is not the case, I feel as though is appearance is utterly disgusting. I have no features about my physical self that I like. Sometimes I will... show more Hello, I am a 17 year old girl and I have always struggled with self-esteem. It mostly stems from my looks, however other things are involved too. As much as I am sure this is not the case, I feel as though is appearance is utterly disgusting. I have no features about my physical self that I like. Sometimes I will catch my reflection in a window when walking by, or I'll accidentally look in the mirror when washing my hands at college, and I honestly just want to cry. I am so ugly. But I do not know why I feel this, as my better judgement tells me that I cannot actually be that hideous (even though I feel as though I am ), I dress well, I am in decent shape, I have healthy blonde hair and my skin pretty good yet I cannot see these things when I look at myself, all I see is everything that I hate. I get paranoid that people are laughing at me when I walk past them in the street, or when I say something in class I feel like people think I'm annoying and stupid.
I always somewhat feel like this, however the catalyst for this little episode was when I posted a nice picture of myself as my profile picture (I have never done this before so it was a big deal for me) a few hours ago. At first I was quite proud of myself, however now I am very worried that people are laughing at it, and thinking that I am ugly and repulsive and that I shouldn't even bother trying to look nice. I am so tired of feeling like this as it is CONSTANT, what can I do? Thanks.