Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 months ago

Why do men get to decide what a woman does with her body?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It's not "what a woman does with her body" and you know it. It's what they do with the BABY that causes all the problems. And you know what those arguments are. Do you have another (same old) question?

Source(s): Do you really think you're the first to ask this "question" here? Seriously?
  • 7 months ago

Well, if we men have to pay any part of the bills, we men should at least get a little bit of a say in what our woman does with her body. If she's going to be living in MY house, sleeping in MY bed, eating MY food, living off of MY money, I should get to help decide what happens to OUR child. Thanks.

• 7 months ago

Most are given her consent... LOOK at allo the MALE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO CALLED DRESS AND CLOTHS DESIGNERS... WOMEN are even so desperate that they PAY HIM HIGH DOLLARS FOR OVERLY EXPENSIVE CLOTHS BECAUSE HE SAYS AND HAVE THEM BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING HIS DESIGNS AND CLOTHS ARE SPECIAL... HE HS THEM LEADING THEM AROUND LIKE THEY HAVE RINGS IN THEIR NOSES.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Do you mean duly elected governments?

Why do duly elected governments get to say it is illegal to steal from people? You seem to think it's not in their jurisdiction and it most certainly is. You may think it is not their right, but the Constitution determines their capabilities, not your sense of fair play.

Don't get me wrong: I think abortion should be entirely up to the mother and the legislatures shouldn't be muddling in things that are morally ambiguous - but that doesn't mean they don't have jurisdiction. They do.

It is up to the people to show that laws are unconstitutional. The usual argument against prohibiting governments from regulating abortion is citing the "illegal search and seizure" clauses from the Constitution and talking about it being an invasion of privacy. Once again, however, the word "privacy" doesn't appear in the Constitution. It's a right extrapolated from search-and-seizure and one many have tried to unextrapolate.

But going back to what you are really trying to get at, why do men (as opposed to women) have any say here. Do you think women should have had the ability to vote prior to them not being draftable ... oh wait, in the US, they aren't draftable now. (Men have to sign up for Selective Service, women do not). After all, women voting would be helping to determine the fate of men at war. Doesn't seem fair, does it?

The reality is, in a democracy we try to make decisions as a society withOUT reference to demographic (such as gender).

You may be offended that the legislatures don't reflect the demographics of the people (i.e. there are more male legislatures despite their being more female citizens or inhabitants), and I would certainly support you lobbying to get more women interested in politics, thereby getting more women elected.

But that isn't the same issue, is it? If you care, run for office. If you don't, you are tacitly accepting the system.

• Elana
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Lol? Clearly, it isn't obvious since a substantial number of people, probably the majority of people in the US, disagree with you, at least in many cases. Moreover, the practice has existed for thousands of years and will certainly continue despite legislation. "Lol" just makes you look arrogant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Men and women have voted for the recent abortion bills. We have also had two female governors sign abortion bills over the last year.

• so
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Religion has convinced women to vote for the patriarchy. It has been women that have decided not to make decisions about their own bodies.

• Shadow
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I never heard such a thing before. I am a male and have respect for women and their body. I would never tell a woman what to do with her body but . . . if they physically harm their body I would have to step in and encourage them to respect their body by telling them they are beautiful the way they are. Don’t be ashamed of the body you’re born with because it’s part of nature.

• 7 months ago

a relationship between a man and a woman is always a mutual relationship. so if a man suggests something to his woman and she agrees to it, then it's no problem. however the man should also be willing to understand his girl and do not ask something that is absurd. thanks

• 7 months ago

Scuse me? A woman gets PG and she can have an abortion or not, the guy has no say in it. If the woman decides to keep the kid she can hit the guy up for child support, he does not have any say in it other than he can argue. If she wants to gain 100 pounds she can do it. If she wants to get piercings and tats all over she can do it. Just what can a guy do to her body against her will that is legal?

• 7 months ago

If we have to pay any part of the bills, we should get a say in what she does with it. If she's on any of the unconstitutional, communist welfare state programs, Medicare, Medicaid, I should have a say in how she lives on MY money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.