Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Can a 16 year old take Alli ®️?

I’m 5’8, 188 pounds. I’m struggling and need a boost. I workout almost daily, I go on 1-2 mile runs everyday. But nothing seems to work. I’m changing my whole diet, but I just really need something that will help fast. Is it safe for me to take it for 1-4 months?

Favorite Answer

The manufacturer's label explicitly states it is for adults 18 years or older. I have no idea if you can purchase it without an ID -- it is an OTC product.

Let me suggest that you find motivation from somewhere else. Here's the problem with Alli:

1. It prevents your body from absorbing fat. Your body and your BRAIN need fat. You need essential fatty acids to survive -- particular if your brain is still developing.

2. Not allowing your body to use fat cause diarrhea.

3. Any gimmick -- even an FDA approved pill -- isn't going to address the root cause of the problem.

4. People on Alli lose about 10 pounds in six months. That means these people aren't really dieting or learning how to select healthy foods and manage their portions.

People who are overweight are chronic overeaters. They often come from family or cultural traditions where food is "pushed". they also find emotional comfort in food. Learning to address the underlying issues and developing techniques for stopping these habits will help you master your weight.

A couple of other things to consider:

1. Download an app like MyFitnessPal or Lose It! and start tracking everything you eat. Get a food scale and weight and measure your portions. You can lose weight if you don't know how many calories you are actually eating and how many your are burning. Its that simply.

2. Use a BMI calculator to determine a healthy goal weight. Then use A BMR calculator to determine how many calories you should be eating at your goal weight. Then eat that many calories.

3. Look at the foods you are eating. All carbohydrates turn into sugars and sugar causes fat storage and inflammation. Try cutting back on bread, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, beans, sweets, and juice. Eat low-glycemic veggies and small amounts of high-fat foods like walnuts and avocado.

4. A weight loss of 1 pound of fat a week is reasonable. Two pounds a week is achievable. More than that is unrealistic.

5. Working out is great, but remember while this is burning calories and reshaping your body, you main gain muscle weight. It is actually fine to "replace" a few pounds of fat with muscle. It will make you feel better and look better.

• Donald

No, it is for overweight adults 18 years and older.