Did the guy at my local laundromat over-react ?

I had Tide Febreze they had Tide Sport Scent. I made the mistake of using a cap full of their Tide by mistake. I apologized once they asked me what the hell was I doing. I even offered to let them use some of my Tide. I get it it's two different scents, but it still Tide it was an honest mistake at least I... show more I had Tide Febreze they had Tide Sport Scent. I made the mistake of using a cap full of their Tide by mistake. I apologized once they asked me what the hell was I doing. I even offered to let them use some of my Tide. I get it it's two different scents, but it still Tide it was an honest mistake at least I offered. He mouthed some intercurrent words. He starting speaking in another language which I do not speak, pointing over at me. I just ignored him finished my laundry and went home.

I am just curious what would other people do in this particular situation. Myself I would have taken the person up on their.offer accepted their Tide, accept their apology and not made a big deal out of it.