How do I convince my parents to let me stretch my ears?

I’m 16 years old and for years now I’ve wanted to stretch my ears (only to a 2g) and I bought some off amazon but despite the package being addressed to me my mum opened it. She made me feel guilty and embarrassed about it questioning ‘why would you want to do thAt to your ears?’ So I told her it was a present for... show more I’m 16 years old and for years now I’ve wanted to stretch my ears (only to a 2g) and I bought some off amazon but despite the package being addressed to me my mum opened it. She made me feel guilty and embarrassed about it questioning ‘why would you want to do thAt to your ears?’ So I told her it was a present for a friend. She warned me and told me that she’d better not see them in my ears. She’s always been making me feel guilty for wanting piercings and tattoos. I only have my first lobes done because when my mum finally caved to letting me have my seconds she began acting childish and refused to talk to me so I decided it was easier to not get them done. My dad (who got both lobes pierced at my age) also questioned why I want it done. The simple answer is that I like how they look. It’s my body, I really don’t see what the big deal is they’re just earlobes after all. I think it’s because my mum never got her ears pierced and likes the idea of me being a stereotypical well behaved, smart kid like she was. Sorry this was long.
12 answers 12