Traffic light question?

My wife and I differ on this question. She thinks, that a certain traffic light applies to the entire intersection. I think, that this traffic light only protects a pedestrian crossing. There are only traffic lights on one side of this intersection. And usually this traffic light is off. It only turns on, if a... show more My wife and I differ on this question. She thinks, that a certain traffic light applies to the entire intersection. I think, that this traffic light only protects a pedestrian crossing. There are only traffic lights on one side of this intersection. And usually this traffic light is off. It only turns on, if a pedestrian presses a button. I usually make a left turn on this intersection. I one would go straight, one would cross the protected pedestrian crossing. If one would cross the intersection in parallel to the pedestrian crossing, one does not see any traffic light but a stop sign. so: can I make a left turn on this crossing while the traffic light is red?
Update: Streets in clockwise order: 12, 3, 6, 9. I'm coming from 6 and want to go to 9. There is a stop sign at 3 and 9. There are traffic lights at 12 pointing to 6 and traffic lights at 12 pointing to 12. The pedestrian crossing is at 12 from 3 to 9 or from 9 to 3. Do I have to wait for a red light when going from 6... show more Streets in clockwise order: 12, 3, 6, 9. I'm coming from 6 and want to go to 9. There is a stop sign at 3 and 9. There are traffic lights at 12 pointing to 6 and traffic lights at 12 pointing to 12. The pedestrian crossing is at 12 from 3 to 9 or from 9 to 3. Do I have to wait for a red light when going from 6 to 9? If so, somebody going from 9 to 6 or from 9 to 3 does not see any traffic light and would have the right to go during a red light.
Update 2: Most of you have not addressed my question in any way but only cited things, which I already read. I'm also amazed that many people wrote an "answer" and immediately claimed to not have understood the question (why did you bother then?). I did not ask any of the following questions: * if pedestrians... show more Most of you have not addressed my question in any way but only cited things, which I already read.
I'm also amazed that many people wrote an "answer" and immediately claimed to not have understood the question (why did you bother then?).
I did not ask any of the following questions:
* if pedestrians always have the right of way
* if somebody making an unprotected left turn has to yield to traffic going straight
* what a green arrow means
* what traffic signal applies to pedestrians