What's your opinion of women wearing burkas in America?

Update:

Is it okay for some creepy dude to force his wife run around town covered from head-to-toe in a black sack with holes for her feet and hands?

75 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As long as it doesn't cover their face I'm fine with it

• 7 months ago

I think it’s absolute stupidity and The idea of covering your identity is ridiculous. Might as well wear a ski mask and commit a crime. #disgrace

• 7 months ago

What's your opinion of women wearing 'Saris' in America?

US is filled with people of different countries, religions, castes, races etc. They all look best in their ways! And I am sure there is nothing wrong in wearing a burka in US. It is not an odd thing. :)

• 7 months ago

Their choice, until Alabama outlaws their right to choose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

They are not that advanced--yet.

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

There's be a lot less ugly people in sight.

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I'm fine with it.

• Zack
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I have no problem with that, as long as they show their face when required (ex: getting a driver's license photo, going past security, etc.). I don't see why other people have a problem.

• 7 months ago

I don't care if they cover their hair.

Since the rest of us aren't allowed to cover our faces in public without police harassment, then neither should they be allowed to.

• 7 months ago

I think it should be illegal. Only one percent of Islamists want to kill all Americans. That is 16 million Islamists.

• 7 months ago

Their choice. But for drivers license or other picture ID they must show their faces. Covering their faces is cultural for some Muslim women, not a religious requirement.

• Goldy Aluminy
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

There is actually one muslim group where the men are suppose to cover their hair but not the women, so yes, it is a cultural thing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.