Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 7 months ago

What factors would contribute to a student doing poorly at tests and at school?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Stress. Some people really do not like doing tests, exams, or anything similar. They do not always know how to set down what they are thinking, perhaps because they are not good at grammar, spelling, etc. Such people often do well at something practical, such as assembling a machine, but they find it difficult to write down how they do it.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Low iq, learning disability, mental illness, physical illness, bullying, sexual abuse

• 7 months ago

Crazy home life, bad teachers, some sort of disability, too much pressure, maybe a mental health issue.

• 7 months ago

Poor reading comprehension skills, poor understanding of math or English, learning disabilities, ADHD, chaotic home life (and lack of sleep), student being responsible for younger siblings (and unable to study) because parents work long hours, stress, depression

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

personal psychology. mismatch between student's learning style and the school's teaching style. cultural mismatch between student and teachers. possible need for special education. malnutrition. emotional and/or physical abuse. there are probably several others that I haven't thought of

Source(s): married 32 years to Professor of Education
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I believe it is the discipline problems of a few who take valuable class time away from learning to attract attention to themselves. Take the phone away from every student at the door, get rid of the bad actors and don't let them drag those who wish to learn down, actually teach what is needed and knock off the PC crap and you'll have a whole new crop of students who actually can survive in the world.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Preparing to fill in your "exceptional factors" are you? Should have studied harder.

Best one is always medical.

I was ill with....,

I've been suffering from....

I'm looking after someone who is ill because there''s nobody else to....

• 7 months ago

Busy home life, disability, adhd, bad teachers, stress

• Mikayla7 months agoReport

Busy home life, disability, adhd, and stress then.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.