How to cure Periodontitis?

My dad has dad, his lower teeth hurt and one of them is loose. What is the cure for this disease?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

There is no cure, unfortunately. I have periodontal disease and I have recently had the last 9 upper teeth removed and I now have dentures. (I am only 53) The 10 remaining teeth in my lower jaw are still in really good shape, fortunately. In order to effectively control it, a deep cleaning called a gum scaling/root planing is done and then quarterly cleanings is necessary to keep the disease from progressing. Brushing and flossing twice a day will also keep the progression at bay between quarterly cleanings. What is happening is, the bones in your dad s mouth keeping the teeth in place are deteriorating and developing pockets around the roots that food particles and subsequently bacteria is collecting, which is why he has a loose tooth and he is in pain. It is a viscous cycle. And, it is also inherited. My dad had a full set of upper dentures by the time he was 32, when he died at 69, he only had one tooth left. Your dad needs to see a dentist immediately. Peace.

• y
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

There is not one, there is only treatment and maintaining. Of course, it also depends on how far it has gone, how much bone loss and how damaged the gums are and such. Things like smoking also play a role, almost as much as genetics do. There is also the unknown bacteria/virus component that is now being suspected as playing role too.

• ...Show all comments
    • y
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Means he has lost too much bone on that tooth, but it is not the only one that is impacted. He will lose one after another if he does not address the underlying issues.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Treatment by a dentist

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

see a dentist

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

My dad has this*

Source(s): Asker of this question
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.