My stepdad takes our coats at night?

I am claressa, i am 16. I have 3 other sisters, 14, 12 and 8. I also have one brother who is 10. My mom got together with my stepdad a couple years ago and got married on December 19, 2018 and moved into our house the same day they got married. Since he moved in he tells me and my two oldest sisters that our winter... show more I am claressa, i am 16. I have 3 other sisters, 14, 12 and 8. I also have one brother who is 10. My mom got together with my stepdad a couple years ago and got married on December 19, 2018 and moved into our house the same day they got married. Since he moved in he tells me and my two oldest sisters that our winter coats have to be given to him at the end of the nights, and i noticed we only have to give our coats to him on nights our mom is working overnight. I'm not sure why but it is weird. I just bought a moncler coat with fur on the hood and my 14 year old sister owns a pelle pelle brand coat soft with fur on hood and inside and my 12 year old sister owns a moncler coat as well but hers has more fur and has satin on inside.
We tried to talk to our mom but she thinks it's to weird of a story and thinks I'm making it up. Why does our stepdad take our coats at night? How can i get him to stop?