Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 7 months ago

What punishment would you give to your 12 year old son if you had spent over $500 on an Xbox game without you knowing.?

After looking over my bank statements I found out my 12 year old son has spent $500 on an Xbox game add ons like fortnight and gta. I need to figure out a good punishment or should I not punish him at all

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

you should talk to him about how it wasn't ok to do that without asking then tell him he has to help pay it back either with money or chores.

• 7 months ago

Actually my nephew did the same thing he spent 400 on play station my sisters last source of income. she called play station and explained and they gave it back to her but he was grounded off play station for 2 months and it really made an impact on him.

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I assume "...if HE had spent....".

• 7 months ago

Lol what a lad you should beat the **** out of him if it was on fornite though

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It’s only $500. It could be more. Grounded for life

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If you let a 12 year old have access to that much of your money, then you got your punishment, and he taught you a valuable lesson.

• 7 months ago

Maybe have him pay you back?

• 7 months ago

Take the Xbox away. The punishment should fit the "crime".

• 7 months ago

First I would end the manner he was able to spend the money. Second I would try to return what ever was purchased. Third I would explain to him what would happen to him if he was caught by the law for stealing $500, then I would take all his electronics and sell to recoup the loss and ground him to keep him from going to other people's houses to play video games. And besides he would be busy doing work to pay his debt to me, and society.

• 7 months ago

Take it from his allowance, over an extended period of time (slowly and agonizingly long) and take the game from him until paid. Tell him it is now on lay-by.

Peace.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.