Laptop sound issues- Audio sounds corrupted but files are fine.?

I have a laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 with windows 10.

The sound on all the audio and video files sounds corrupted.

There's sort of random electronic metallic-y sounds when I play anything on any video player. It wasn't always like that.

At first I thought the files were corrupted but when I transferred the files to my phone they sounded perfect. I assume it's a 'sound driver' or something, but I don't know alot about computers.

Any ideas whats going on or how I can fix It?

I would appreciate any info on how to fix this. Thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

It might be able to fix audio problems automatically. ... If your cables and volume are okay, see the next sections for additional troubleshooting.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Try listening to headphones if there is a difference. If there is, it might mean that there is a problem with the laptop speaker. There might be dirt embedded in the speaker. If not the problem has to do with the software (driver, equalizer adjustments, sound settings, sound enhancements)

• 7 months ago

damaged the internal speaker(s). get some external speakers and plug into the external headphone jack is cheapest solution

• 7 months ago

sorry I 'figured it out' really quickly by chance.

Under the device manager I went to sound videoandgame controllers and disabled the one called 'intel(R) display audio'. The other one was called 'realtek high definition' audio which matched the ones found under 'audio inputs and outputs', also under the device manager.

The sound quality does seem maybe slightly bad tho so if anyone has any further advice to give I'd appreciate it. If not sorry for wasting your time.

This is my first Yahoo question btw, thanks for the answers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Right click on the sound button in the bottom right right corner of the taskbar and press "troubleshoot sound problems"

This should be the download link for the sound driver - https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/bcyc0...

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Maybe the audio out jack is broke or damaged you could try updating the audio drivers as well

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.