Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 months ago

Is a age gap of 20 years okay in a relationship if I truly love someone?

Update:

If you have never been in love before, but finally found a woman but she is 20 years younger than you should I still give it a shot? A little background info on me never been married or had any kids, so I dont have any baggage, but if I really like this girl dont I owe it to myself to give it a shot?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Even 50 years would be okay, as long as the young partner is above 18. Who cares what other people think? Those who complain are just jealous.

• 7 months ago

20 year gap is a bit of a stretch and unless you two have mots of things in common you enjoy doing regularly, and share a lot of the same views, it's not likely to be a happy relationship.

• John P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes, provided the younger partner is of legal age for full romance including sexual activity. In most countries around 16 years, but check the law where you are.

Certainly give it a shot, but be prepared for the romance to end sometime - it might not end, so good luck!

• 7 months ago

You shouldn't marry someone young enough to be your child. It's in the Bible.

• 7 months agoReport

What ******* Bible do you read??? The Bible For Dummies

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Love needs no age :)

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Without further detail, no real answer is possible

eg 50 and 30 is fine

35 and 15 is immoral and predatory

80 and 60.....why waste the time you have left?

• Me
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

If you both are consenting adults and want the relationship, why not?

There will be issues because of the age difference. You are different stages in your life. But some couples are able to work through those issues.

• 7 months ago

It’s perfectly fine if you are adults

• 7 months ago

As long as you're both adults. Just be careful because society can be very judgmental sometimes.

• 7 months ago

As long as you are both classed as adults age is not an issue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.